Back to Baguio

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Last year, I had to two trips to the summer capital. The first was for my cousin's (and god-child) wedding in late August. I stood as his best man. The second was to attend the wake of my aunt in early December.

On both occasions, I did not get the chance to roam around the city as the family was tied up with the reasons why we went there. And on both trips, the only place I got the chance to hang out (apart from the hotel and church during the wedding and the funeral parlor and crematorium during the wake) was Starbucks in SM Baguio.

Tomorrow, I will drive up with my Mom and my brother for two nights as we observe the 40th day of my deceased aunt. And this will give us a chance to see the crypt at St. Vincent's Church where her ashes were laid.

This time, I hope to have a more relaxed stay in the city (hoping that traffic isn't as bad as last week) and drive around and see the places I used to go to during my summer vacation back in the "?"0s ... he he he....

I am looking forward to visit Camp John Hay and sip a hot brew at Starbucks. I hope the mini-golf there still exists and the uber delicious ice cream (can't recall the brand though). I don't intend to go horseback-riding at Wright Park since the horse caretakers never allowed me to ride 'em when I was a kid saying that I was too heavy. Well I am much, much heavier now so no dice. I would like to visit the Mines View Park, not to view the mines at the park, but to buy cheesy stuff. I am sure that place is still teeming with keychains, sweaters, back scratchers, brooms and the world-famous Igorot-man-inside-the-keg ashtray! ha ha ha...

And oh the public market is a stop I shouud not miss. We used to buy our purple yam jams from Tamtanco's. They were the best before the "ubes" done by the Pink Sisters. However, I was told it no longer exists so it's Pink Sisters for me.

I am intrigued with the ukay-ukays in the city. I would read (and even told) that there are several good finds out there. Hmmm, I'd probably give it a shot. Not for clothes or shoes though. I can not imagine myself wearing something worn by someone else. I suppose there may be items that I can purchase if it interests me.

I will try to take pictures and post them here next week.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

since you're near camp john hay, may masarap na italian resto sa Mile High, i'm sure your mom and bro will love it.

Ay friend, hassle ba kung mag papabili ako raisin bread sa Baguio Country Club, baka lang pwede?

Have a safe trip and check your weather widget at super cold pa din daw sa Baguio-o-o!!

South Park said...

surely, will ask my cuz to bring me to BCC and check out the RB.

my bb doesn't work in BC, pang MM lang yon eh. I just hope there's wifi somewhere there.

yeah, i think i need to bring my trench and mufflers to keep me toasty.

Anonymous said...

Yehey, thanks a lot friend, so that's a yes na ha..

Na excite na tuloy ako at last 3 years ago pa yata ako nakakain nyan raisin bread na yan..

Anonymous said...

thanks friend, eat ko na raisin bread..

South Park said...

you're most welcome. masarap nga sya. even my bro loved it.

at least i now know another item to buy when in baguio aside from ube, brittle and those carved items. ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

can you do a macro shot of that carved thing?

South Park said...

macro shot? sige will try do get one over the weekend. pero san ko naman ilalagay ang shot? dito sa blog?

Anonymous said...

I visited many wеbѕites but the аuԁio feature for audіo songѕ рresent at this
sіte is аctuаlly marvelouѕ.

Reѵiew my wеbpage ... seo testimonials